Anne got her start working in a high volume, fast-paced orthopedic environment. As a physical therapist, she couldn’t help but notice a blatant need for a more specialized approach to women’s health. Rather than relying on generic treatments and surgery, Anne wanted to take a personal, holistic route to helping her patients overcome their individual obstacles.
This desire led her to become one of 100 Board Certified Women’s Health Specialists (WCS), and the only one in the state of Delaware. In 2008, Anne founded her own practice (Physical Therapy for Women) dedicated to providing the one-on-one care that women suffering from pelvic health issues need and deserve, but can’t often find.
Quickly after locating her practice within Tulaa Yoga Studio’s space, yoga became an integral part of Anne’s life. As an avid runner and mom of three (plus one Goldendoodle named Charlie), yoga classes not only benefited her marathon training, but helped her feel at ease with her hectic schedule. In 2013, she completed Tulaa’s teacher training and now she teaches classes open to both yogis and patients.
In addition to yoga, Anne is a certified Healthy Moms exercise instructor. She leads these classes as part of PT for Women’s holistic approach, fortifying the mind-body connection. In all, Anne offers physical therapy services (including manual therapy), personal training, exercise classes, one-on-one consulting, as well as lecturing for groups and institutions.
Anne’s mission is to provide women a space where healthcare is less protocol-driven and more focused on each patient’s unique experiences. She enjoys truly getting to know her patients, discovering their goals, and helping them find ways to feel like their best selves. Many of her patients come in believing that their pain is irreversible or that serious surgery is the only choice. According to Anne, nothing is more rewarding than when one of these patients reaches out to say that PT for Women has helped them feel so much better.
Degrees and Certifications:
- WCS, Board Certified Women’s Health Specialist
- MPT, Masters in Physical Therapy, University of Delaware
- BA, Biology, University of Delaware
- Certified Healthy Mom’s Exercise Instructor
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association
- Member, Endometriosis Association
- Member, BirthWorks International
- Instructor, Physical Therapy Assistant Program, Delaware Technical College
- Presenter of Case Rounds, University of Delaware, Graduate/Doctorate Physical Therapy Program
- Regular classes at the Birth Center in Wilmington, Delaware